The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lab fairy tale #2


Once upon a time, there was a researcher who was collaborating with another young investigator on a project.
She asked, "Who will help me implant these crickets with monofilament?" and he said "Not I. I forgot."
Then she asked, "Who will help me collect hemolymph from these crickets?" and he said "Not I. I forgot again, but it is really your fault because you need to remind me."
Next she asked "Who will help me dissect these crickets?" and he said "Not I. am too busy." (Although a grad student agreed to help--Yay!)
Then she asked "Who will help me sort the samples, program the spectrophotometer and run lytic assays on the hemolymph?" and he said "Not I. I am too tired."
Finally she asked: "Who will be first author on the paper?" To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent little lesson you learned from the little red hen, Susan! I think, by all means, YOU shall be the first author!