The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sam breaks board

Although Karate dojos are pretty common in CA, not so much in Normal. So, Sam has switched to Tae Kwon Do. Although he had to go back to being a white belt, it is a good class. There are grown-ups as well as kids, and everyone gets a real workout from it. I debated joining Sam in the class, but after completing my PhD, it will be a while before I volunteer to let someone boss me around. Monday, Sam broke his first board, and went all around the neighborhood showing it to everyone.

Sam looking fierce in his gi.

Sam re-enacting the board breakage.

The board (it is really just a regular board from the hardware store--no tricks!)

Joseph enacting how he would break a board

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sam!