The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Baltimore


We have been in Baltimore visiting my Grandparents. I don't seem to be getting much work done. My days have been split between amusing the kids and doing things with my Mom and Grandmother. If there exists a clothing store in Charm city for women of a certain age, I went there this week.
In addition to seeing family, the goal of this trip is to stock up on all of the items that I can't get in Normal. Here are the results:

IKEA: a new office chair and a quilt for Joseph.

The Asian foods market, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, etc: rice, sauces, and snacks.

I replaced the broken menorah and stocked up on Chanukah candles for next year. Also, I got a Chanukah mug from Starbucks which I intend to use every day.

I found a couple of winter skirts, a shawl and a scarf.

I spent several days helping my Grandmother clean out the basement. It was a pretty awful job--I probably have Hantavirus from all of the mouse droppings. However, I saved a couple of things from Goodwill, including a princess phone, and a cup that gives you drink recipes.


Best of all, I found a winter coat! I have been looking for a long coat for two years, with no luck. It is beautiful, and it feels great--it's cashmere blend. Also, we went to Whole Foods ("The Food Museum"), and some lady wanted to know where I bought it, so it must be a pretty nice coat, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE COAT! Not only does it fit you nicely, but it is also adorable. Nice work, Susan. I knew you could do it!