The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Random Chanukah pictures


Well, Chanukah is over. It now occurs to me that the two-month-long celebration of pre-Christmas, Christmas and post-Christmas may be more unpleasant knowing that people around here consider Chanukah to be some kind of crazy fringe holiday, but hopefully I will be proven wrong.
Apparently, the region has run out of salt, so let's hope that there will not be another ice storm for a while.

Sam passed his test and was awarded his yellow belt in TaeKwonDo. He is very proud. This week they learn falling technique, which will be helpful for Sam. (He's a natural at falling!)


Joseph breakdancing. Every Monday and Tuesday night when Sam goes to TaeKwonDo, Joseph and I stay home and bake, do yoga and/or dance. Joseph has developed a variety of new yoga poses including a set of poses for each of the Transformers. This is a picture of a dance that he invented called the Spinax dance.


It occurs to me that my Land's End virtual model is dressed like Adam Sandler as "Little Nicky." My coat did finally come in the mail. As my model predicted, the smallest women's coat is huge on me. I look bizarre in it--I have a tiny little head and undersized legs sticking out of a smooth walrus-like padded torso.


Footage of lighting the menorah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Sam! I'm very proud of him!!!!!

Try Eddie Bower, they carry petites.

Diversity!!!! I guess Cleveland is cosmopolitan compared with Normal.