The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Surprise vacation 3


We got home from Cleveland on Sunday. Joseph said goodbye to the Peanuts sheets that were mine when I was a kid.

Sam and I tried on Dorinda's crusty old suede 70's skates and skated around the driveway.


Yes, Dorinda, we stole and ate all of your stoned wheat crackers.

The weather turned nasty mid-way through the drive, with big moist snowflakes whipping around. Apparently, Sunday morning in Normal there was a thunderstorm with snow.

But by the time we got back to Normal, it was clear and lovely. I was sick with a cold when I left Normal, and I am still sick, so nothing much has changed. (Although I got my mom sick too--sorry!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the snoopy sheets - why part with them?? The last photo with the sun through the clouds makes me oh so homesick. And holy damn girl! You so skinny!!! Lookin good! Be careful with thosse weak ankles on the rolly thingies.