The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bowling for emos


I have a new favorite stunt. When the weather is nice and I am running with Argos in the dark, we will often be startled by a cigarette ash or the flash of a cell phone by the gutter--the disaffected youths of Normal tend to hunker on dark stretches of suburban curb trying to look cool.

Lately I have let Argos buffalo into them and climb onto their laps for a smooch and a pet. It totally cracks me up to see the kids break character and as they are bowled backwards into the grass. I have done this three times (so far), and I love how it forces a genuine smile out of kids who generally try to avoid such embarrassing behavior.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the title of this post and the whole concept.