The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

TaeKwonDo videorama


Sam takes TaeKwonDo very seriously and practices hard. Today he tested for his orange belt and did very well! Danny brought the camera and took some video. (Sorry for the glut of videos--they are each less a minute long.)
Here's Sam breaking his board. He tells me: "I'm pretty proud of myself!" He broke his board on his second kick, which is pretty amazing. The fact that he is being observed by judges doesn't seem to phase him.


Here is Sam sparring with Kelly (she is also a Master's student in the Saki lab).

Here Sam is sparring with Kel. Kel is a green belt and larger than Sam, but he is trying not to knock Sam out.

Here Sam is demonstrating his orange belt forms.


2 comments:

Grandma Dorinda said...

Fabulous!! I watched each video at least 3 times to make sure I didn't miss anything. Congratulations to Sam! He IS my SUPERHERO! Love, Grandma

Unknown said...

Grammy & Grandpa Jo say:
WAY TO GO SAM!!!!
Love from all here