The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year


So what did we do for New Year's Eve in Baltimore? We watched the television and drank champagne. As usual, my mother complained about Dick Clark's decrepitude and my mother and my grandfather railed against "that modern music" in the "Rockin' New Year's Eve Celebration." I have no idea what music they would want to hear given that my mother only listens to easy listening soft rock, easy listening classical and light "jazzy" (note: not actually jazz) music. My grandfather only listens to the loudest and most dramatic of classical music: coming into my grandparents' house is like being confronted by a shock wave of sound. I imagine that their preferred New Year's Party would be Neil Diamond singing Wagner?
Actually, they both seemed to like the Plain White T's singing Hey There Delilah (Listen Here).

No comments: