The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Near death by vacudefenestration


Last Friday I was walking home from school. As I crossed through the parking lot of a student apartment building, I turned my head and out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like an enormous dark bird swooping out of the sky. And then there was an explosive crash. Some a-hole had thrown a vacuum cleaner out of a third-story window directly in front of me! Luckily, I was not hit by either the initial impact of the ancient 30-lb Eureka upright or any of the ricocheting parts.

But what would possess someone to do that? Clearly, they weren't aiming for me, but they also didn't bother to look outside before they threw it. If I had been walking faster, I would have been seriously hurt. I saw an alarmed guy at the open window who quickly ducked down when he saw that I had seen him.

No comments: