The closest to Normal (Illinois) that I've ever been.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow day


Last night it snowed 6 inches, so today the kids were home from school. Surprisingly, ISU didn't close, so I had to trudge in to campus.

Tomorrow the high temperature is predicted to be 0, so school will be canceled for the kids again. I am really hoping that I don't have to walk to school in sub-0 temperatures with 6 inches of snow.
Argos: the only dog at the dog park. He had a mighty good time running through snowdrifts and trying to track down foxes.

I took off work early to take the kids sledding. It was rather difficult sledding weather: it was so cold that the snow fell as a fine powder that didn't pack well. Joseph got mad and stopped sledding after he slid into the side of a snowdrift.

Video of a little sledding accident

No comments: